Our official email provider is Texas State Email, also known as BobcatMail. BobcatMail, a component of Microsoft 365, works with many other Microsoft 365 applications.
Users can access Bobcat Mail by logging into their Texas State email account on the school’s website with their NetID and password. Once logged in, users can access extra features like a calendar and task list as well as compose and receive emails, manage their email folders, and manage their email accounts.
All official university correspondence must be sent to Texas State’s students, faculty, and staff via BobcatMail. Therefore, in order to stay up to date on university announcements, deadlines, and other crucial information, it is crucial for students, faculty, and staff to frequently check their BobcatMail accounts.
How to Activate your Texas State (b0bcatmail) NetID?
Each authorized student at Texas State University is given a NetID, or computer account. Access to university information resources like Bobcat Mail is made possible by this. Your NetID and passphrase are only allowed to be used by you.
Your passphrase needs to be kept private and secure. Your NetID and passphrase may not be used for commercial purposes, and you are responsible for any actions taken with them.
All Texas State NetIDs are subject to deactivation if they are not used (no login activity) for 180 days.
How do I access my Bobcat Mail in Microsoft 365?
- Access Outlook at https://office365.com.
- Your Texas State email address should be entered, such as [email protected].
- You will be redirected to the Texas State login page.
- Enter your NetID Password, and click Sign In.
You have successfully logged into BobcatMail in Microsoft 365.
Your Texas State Email (BobcatMail) needs to be activated.
- Launch the online toolkit.
- Click activate your NetID.
- Choose a type of identifier (NetID, Texas State ID, SSN, or ITIN).
- EXAMPLE: SSN, ITIN, Texas State ID, NetID (for instance, zzz99), or SSN.
- Put your name and birthdate in the corresponding fields.
- Enter the code that is displayed in the screen image.
- Choose Next.
- Fill in the appropriate fields with your last name, social security number, and email address.
- Click validate.
- A one-time-use link will be sent to your personal email address by the system.
- WARNING: Depending on your personal email service, it could take a while for this email to arrive in your inbox. Check your junk or spam folder if you don’t see it after 15 minutes.
- Read the email and click the link contained in the email. A new web browser window or tab opens.
- On the One-Time-Use Link Validation screen, enter your date of birth.
- Click Validate.
- TIP: Your NetID will appear on the screen. Write it down and keep it handy for future use.
- Check the “I agree to comply with the information security, appropriate use, and other policies of Texas State University” checkbox.
- Enter and re-enter a password for your NetID.
- Consider creating a passphrase at least 15 characters long. See passphrase best practices.
- Click Submit.
- Congratulations! You have successfully activated your NetID and created a NetID password.
- Be sure to keep your NetID and password handy. You will use it to log into several Texas State online services.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Mail.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Exchange.
- Enter your Texas State email (e.g., [email protected]).
- Tap Sign In.
- If asked, tap Work or School Account.
- On the TXST login screen, enter your TXST email address, your NetID password, and click Sign In.
- When asked if you are trying to sign in to Apple Internet Accounts, click Continue.