BRELA Online Registration System (ORS) is a system operated by the Business Registrations and Licensing Agency (BRELA) located at Ushirika Building at Mnazi Mmoja in Dar es Salaam Tanzania.
The Business Registrations and Licensing Agency (BRELA) is an Executive Agency under the Ministry of Investment, Industry and Trade responsible for business administration and regulation of the laws namely; the Companies Act, Cap. 212, Business Names Act, Cap. 213 R.E. 2002, the Trade and Service Marks Act, Cap. 326 R.E 2002, the Patent Registration Act, Cap. 217 R.E 2002, the Business Licensing Act, Cap. 208 R. E 2002 and the National Industries (Licensing and Registration) Act, Cap. 46 R.E. 2002. It was established under the Government Executive Agencies Act No. 30 of 1997 and formally launched on 3rd December 1999.
- Business name registration, change of particulars, paying annual maintenance fee, cessation and data update.
- Company registration, change of particulars, filing company related documents and annual returns.
- Industrial Licence registration, change of particulars, filing annual progress report and cancellation.
- Mark registration and filing mark related documents.
- Patent registration and filing patent or utility model related documents
- Information services. Here you can apply for and extract of short or detailed information about business name, company, industrial licence, mark or patent. You can also order Mark index review by Nice class that will be at your disposition for 3 days.
How to create account in BRELA ORS?
Note: Before you start creating a new ORS account, you must have National Identification Number (NIN) from NIDA.
Step 1: Visit BRELA’s Online Registration System (ORS) – link at the end of this post.
Step 2: Click “Create ORS Account”
Step 3: Fill in your date of birth in the field named “Date of birth*“. Your National Identification Number (NIN) in the top field named “National ID*” in the form. Then click load from NIDA. First Name, Middle Name, Gender fields will be auto filled will data populated from NIDA.
Fill in the rest of the Fields (Mobile telephone No, E-Mail Address, Password, Repeat password and Captcha. Tick the field Privacy and liability checkbox accepting privacy and liability terms if you agree to the terms.
How to register a business name with BRELA ORS in Tanzania?
Estimated Cost : 20000 TZS
Time Needed : 2 days
Before you start to register a new business name, you must have the following requirements:
1. The person who wants to do the registration must have an ORS account opened as per the details in part A above.
2. The person(s) who will be owner(s) of the business name must have National Identification Number (NIN) from NIDA.
You can view the terms in the included link at the bottom. Click submit when you are through (the yellow button at the top right).
If something is wrong, you will see errors. Correct them and hit submit. If everything is fine an email with activation link and login details will be sent to the email indicated in a form shortly. Follow instructions indicated in the email to complete your account creation in BRELA ORS.