Immigration Tanzania, Immigration is the process of moving to a new country or region with the intention of staying and living there. People may choose to immigrate for a variety of reasons, such as employment opportunities, to escape a violent conflict, environmental factors, educational purposes, or to reunite with family.
The Immigration Services Department is established under Section 4(1) of the Immigration Act of 1995 Chapter 54 as amended by Act No.8 of 2015. It gives the Department the authority to control and facilitate immigration issues in the United Republic of Tanzania. The Department is one of the security organs under Ministry of Home Affairs.
Immigration Tanzania Core Functions
- To maintain National Security through Immigration Control.
- To issue passports and other travel documents to bonafide citizens
- To issue Residence Permits and Passes to foreigners residing in the country.
- To facilitate and control movements of persons in and outside the country.
- To coordinate and facilitate Tanzania Citizenship applications
Tanzania Electronic Visa Application System
You can now apply for an Online Visa to visit the United Republic of Tanzania (both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar). You are required to fill in the online form, make payment, and submit your application online. Your form will be internally reviewed and processed.
Applicants will be notified through their e-mails whether their applications have been accepted or rejected. They may also TRACK their application statuses through the online system. Applicants may as well be required to visit the nearest Tanzanian Embassies or Consular Offices for interviews.
Keynote before you start:
Please consider the following information beforehand.
- Types of Visa
- Required documents
- Countries whose citizens do not require visa on entry
- Countries whose citizens require approval by the Tanzania Commissioner General of Immigration.
How much is the passport application fee in Tanzania?
- Applicant’s Birth certificate or an Affidavit of birth
- Birth Certificate or Affidavit of birth of a parent or Certificate of Naturalisation;
- National ID Card (issued by NIDA)
- Proof of applicant’s activities or justification of a trip
- 1 passport size photo
- Passport fee (150,000 If applied from within the country or 90 USD If applied through Tanzania Embassies abroad
PPT Application Form Immigration Tanzania
To access immigration PPT Application please CLICK HERE
Immigration Tanzania Head Office
DODOMA – headquarters
Immigration Headquarters, Dodoma
P.O. Box 1181
DODOMA, TANZANIA 255
t: +255 262323542
m: +255 262323543
f: +255 262323532
ZANZIBAR – HEAD OFFICE
Immigration Head Office Zanzibar,
ZANZIBAR, ZANZIBAR 255
t: +255 242 233 678
m: +255 242 233 676