Matokeo ya Sensa 2022 is the results obtained after the whole process of an enumeration of people, houses, firms, or other important items in a country or region at a particular time. In Tanzania, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) is the body in charge of conducting national population censuses.
About National Bureau of Statistics
The National Bureau of Statistics is a branch of the Government of Tanzania which has the mandate to provide official statistics to the Government of Tanzania, business community and the public at large.
It is based in Dodoma and obtains a wide range of economic, social and demographic statistics about the country.
What are the Purpose of Tanzanian Census?
The population and housing census is conducted across Tanzania every 10 years. The 2022 census is the sixth since the Independence of the United Republic of Tanzania in 1964. Other censuses took place in 1967, 1978, 1988, 2002 and 2012.
- Advertisement -
- The main aims of Tanzanian census is to provide basic data for all sectors in the country (education, health, population, etc.)
- It provides necessary data enabling the assessment of the population status in Tanzania during the inter-census period as well as monitoring demographic, social and economic changes taking place during the same period in various administrative division.
- It provides a database needed to study specific social phenomena.
- It provides a database on which are built population projections and workforce projections.
- To provide data on housing units as well as their facilities and features related to living conditions, basic data needed to work out a clearly-defined housing policy aimed at ensuring prosperity for citizens, as well as indicators on houses conditions and extent of their relationship with public services.
- To provide an accurate picture of the status and features of houses for the purpose of assisting in drawing up housing and construction plan for the future.
- To define the conditions of economic and social enterprises in the public and private sectors in terms of the legal status, economic activity and workforce size by gender and nationality
When will NBS release Matokeo ya Sensa 2022?
We all participated, we were counted, now it’s time to know the results. Matokeo ya Sensa 2022 will be announced on October 31, 2022 at Jamhuri Stadium Dodoma, according to NBS. The body in charge invites everyone to attend the official event.
Generally accurate census data is valuable and essential for economic development, transportation, healthcare, education and business planning and decision making. Government agencies use Census data to inform their planning, enforcement and policy decisions.
Where to get Matokeo ya Sensa 2022?
Matokeo ya Sensa 2022 will be available on their official website https://nbs.go.tz, on the radio, on television, and in the government newspaper.
For more information on Matokeo ya Sensa 2022 please visit https://www.nbs.go.tz/