Are you looking for Kenya NHIF Hospital Selection? Don’t worry selectiondc.com got you covered. Simply read carefully this article.
The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) in Kenya primarily operates as a social health insurance provider, offering medical coverage to its members. Members can access medical services at various accredited hospitals and healthcare facilities.
To select a hospital for NHIF services in Kenya, you typically follow these steps:
1. **Check NHIF Accredited Hospitals:**
– Visit the NHIF website or contact NHIF directly to access the list of accredited hospitals and healthcare providers. The list is regularly updated to include facilities that meet NHIF standards.
2. **Choose an Accredited Hospital:**
– Once you have the list of NHIF-accredited hospitals, you can choose a hospital from the provided options.
3. **Inform the Hospital:**
– When seeking medical services, inform the chosen hospital that you are an NHIF member. They will verify your NHIF status and process the necessary paperwork for billing NHIF.
It’s essential to keep in mind that the list of accredited hospitals may be subject to updates, and new facilities can be added. Therefore, it’s advisable to check with NHIF for the most current information.
The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) in Kenya is a government agency that provides affordable medical insurance cover to Kenyan citizens. It aims to ensure access to quality and affordable health care services. NHIF contributions are mandatory for employed Kenyans, and the fund covers a range of inpatient and outpatient medical services. The organization plays a crucial role in supporting healthcare accessibility for the population.
NHIF Hospital Selection
The NHIF hospital selection procedure is simple, especially with the availability of an online option. It gives enrolled members the option to select any outpatient medical facility. NHIF members may now easily access a range of services without physically visiting an NHIF office, unlike in the past.
Many outpatient hospitals, both public and private, accept NHIF cards. Please be aware that not all private medical institutions are NHIF-accepting. Members of this national health insurance program can switch their favorite hospitals every two years for government servants in job categories A through K, and every three months for super cover members (i.e., March, June, September, and December).
How to use the NHIF portal to modify your NHIF hospital
You and your dependents can select new, confirm current, or switch preferred outpatient hospitals using the NHIF self-care website. Here’s a step-by-step guide on utilizing the NHIF self-care website to choose an outpatient hospital.
- Go to the portal for self-care and select Log In Now.
- Enter your ID number after typing it. Click Continue after that.
- The one-time PIN (OTP) that is provided to your phone must be entered.
- To authenticate yourself, enter the OTP.
- On the dashboard, select Change Outpatient Facility or Select Outpatient Facility.
- Follow the subsequent steps to select or choose a facility for yourself and all your registered dependents.
NHIF change of facility via USSD – NHIF Hospital Selection
You can choose, change, or confirm your existing outpatient hospital quarterly using the official USSD code. Below are the steps to follow to complete the process
- Dial *155# on your mobile phone.
- Select your preferred language (English or Kiswahili).
- Enter your ID number.
- You will receive an OTP via SMS.
- Enter the OPT code received, then press Send.
- Select Choose Outpatient Facility or Change Outpatient Facility from the pop-up screen that appears.
- Choose a facility from the list.
- If you have dependents, select your dependent and search for the name of the hospital you want to register them.
- Continue with the on-screen directions to choose a healthcare facility for all your dependents.
For the latest and most accurate details regarding NHIF hospital selection in Kenya, you may want to contact NHIF directly or visit their official website. Additionally, you can inquire at the hospital reception or the NHIF offices for guidance on accredited facilities.