PNGFA first quarter results – According to John Mosoro, managing director of the national forest service (NFS), the Papua New Guinea Forest Authority (PNGFA) has had a very successful first quarter for 2023.
After the visit of the prime minister James Marapes to the PNG forestry Authority in September of last year, when it came down to business, the PNGFA has emerged as a key government agency.
Prior to dismissing his officers, senior officers, and directors in time for the long Easter weekend, managing director John Mosoro, who has been leading from the front, praised them for their efforts.
“In this quarter, I have realized that we have accomplished a lot,” the managing director stated. We worked as a well-coordinated team during the entire quarter, therefore I want to thank my directors, managers, board chairperson Faith Barton, the National Forest Board, and Minister for Forestry Salio Waipo for their support.
PNGFA First Quarter Results 2023
The major achievements mentioned by Mr. Mosoro includes
The launching of the PNGFA 2021-22 Annual Report on 24th March, 2023. We started it right before the government was set to stop accepting KRAs, so I want to thank in particular those who took the initiative to make sure it was finished on time. Government entities had until March 31, 2023, to submit their yearly reports to the Department of Personal Management (DPM).
“I want to thank Mr. Jim Menge, Director of Forest Acquisition and Allocations, and Mr. Lyall Umbo, Director of Field Operations, for coordinating and advancing the yearly report for us.”
We submitted five NEC papers at once for the first time yesterday. I want to express my gratitude to all of the directors, managers, and officers that worked on the NEC papers submission.
- One of the proposals is from the State Marketing Agency (SMA). Although SMA is mentioned in the Forestry Act 1991 (as amended), according to Mr. Mosoro, it hasn’t been put into practice over the past 30 years. The SMA NEC submission, however, is currently before the NEC secretariat as a part of the forestry reform.
The other four submissions are:
- National Forest Development Program 2023-27
- Reduction in Log Export tax to revert back to the existing NEC Decision no.139/2021
- Appointment of organizational representatives to the national forest board and
- The Forestry Cooperation Memorandum of Understanding signed between the PNGFA and the Australian Government through its department of Agriculture and Forestry.
The PNGFA website was also launched during this quarter on February 23, 2023.
Concerning Easter, Mr. Mosoro remarked that it is important for everyone to ask for forgiveness and consider how we can all get along and live together, especially those who hold grudges or have problems with their families, coworkers, or anybody else.