www heslb go tz is the website with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. The main mandates of HESLB include:
- To assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education
- To collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board
- To create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem
About Loan Application
HESLB executes one of the key mandates in administering loans to students pursuing higher education. Every year, the Board prepares the Loan Application almanac to guide on the process of loan issuance to needy and eligible students. As per the almanac, Loan Application Window opens once annually. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students who are eligible are invited to apply.
Criteria on eligibility and the application process is stipulated in the Loan Application Guideline for the respective year which can be downloaded on this site. Prospective applicants are encouraged to read the guidelines carefully, prepare the prerequisites and make their application online through the Online Application and Management System (OLAMS). The loan application process is denoted as below:
What Are The Main Features Of Getting HESLB Loan?
- Advertisement -
- Be a Tanzanian
- He has applied for a loan in the prescribed manner (online)
- He has obtained admission to a recognized college and his name has been submitted to the Credit Board
- He should not have another source to finance his university studies (sponsor, ZHELB etc.)
- Detailed information about the characteristics and parameters is provided by the Manual
How To Apply For HESLB Loan?
- All applications are made through the Credit Board’s website at www heslb go tz.
- Each applicant should carefully read the guidance provided within the relevant academic year
- The applicant should use the fourth form exam number to register
What Important Documents Are Required When Applying For HESLB Loan?
www heslb go tz important documents
- Applicant’s birth certificate attested by RITA/ZCSRA
- Death certificate if you have lost a parent certified by RITA/ZCSRA
- iID of the guarantor (NIDA, Voter, Driver’s License or Travel Pass). You can use one of these credentials
- A correctly filled scholarship form if you were sponsored in secondary education
- Letter from the Chief Medical Officer of the District or Region if the applicant or his parent has a disability vii.
- Photographs (passport size) of the loan applicant and his guarantor (the guarantor can be a parent or guardian)
If The Student/Loan Applicant Is Not Satisfied With The Amount Of The Loan He Was Given Or He Is Not Assigned A Loan, What Should He Do?
- The opportunity to appeal is given after completing the credit planning exercise
- If the applicant is unsuccessful in the appeal, he will have the opportunity to apply again in the following year
What Important Factors Should Be Considered When Applying For A Loan?
- Make sure you sign the loan application form
- Make sure your guarantor has signed your form in their area
- Make sure your form is signed and stamped by your Local or Village Government
- Make sure your form is signed by a lawyer or judge to confirm your information and that of your guarantor
How Is The Loan Given On The Elements (Loanable Items)?
www heslb go tz Loanable Items
- Food and accommodation
- Training fee
- Books and stationery
- Special needs of the faculty
- Practical training
Access HESLB Online Loan Application – OLAMS
HESLB Online loan Application and Management System – CLICK HERE